Avg. Max Size
Minimum Tank Size
Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse: A Splash of Color in Your Aquarium
Are you looking to add a vibrant and active fish species to your marine aquarium? Look no further than the Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus rubrimarginatus), a captivating fish that will bring a touch of color and energy to your underwater world. In this guide, we’ll delve into the unique characteristics, ideal tank conditions, diet, and compatibility of this fascinating fish.
Characteristics of the Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse
- Striking Appearance: The Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse boasts a stunning appearance with a vibrant pink body and a striking black margin along its dorsal fin. This eye-catching coloration makes it a standout in any marine aquarium.
- Active Behavior: These fish are known for their lively and active behavior, adding a sense of movement and energy to the aquarium. They’re often seen swimming gracefully through the water, exploring their surroundings, and interacting with other tank mates.
- Peaceful Nature: Despite their active nature, Pink Margin Fairy Wrasses are generally peaceful and non-aggressive towards other fish species. However, they may display territorial behavior towards their own kind, so it’s best to keep only one male per tank.
Ideal Tank Conditions for the Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse
- Tank Size: A minimum tank size of 30 gallons is recommended for a single Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse. However, a larger tank is always better, as it provides more swimming space and reduces the risk of aggression.
- Water Parameters: These fish thrive in well-maintained marine water with stable parameters. Aim for a pH between 8.1 and 8.4, a specific gravity of 1.025 to 1.026, and a temperature range of 72°F to 78°F.
- Filtration and Water Quality: A robust filtration system is essential for maintaining excellent water quality. Regular water changes are also crucial to remove waste products and keep the water parameters stable.
Diet and Feeding the Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse
- Omnivorous Diet: Pink Margin Fairy Wrasses are omnivorous and have a varied diet that includes live and frozen foods, as well as prepared fish food. They enjoy brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, copepods, and finely chopped seafood.
- Feeding Frequency: Feed your Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse small amounts several times a day. Avoid overfeeding, as this can lead to health problems.
- Variety is Key: Offer a variety of food items to ensure your fish is getting a balanced diet and all the nutrients it needs.
Compatibility with Other Species
- Reef-Safe: Pink Margin Fairy Wrasses are generally considered reef-safe, meaning they won’t harm corals or invertebrates in a reef tank.
- Tank Mates: These fish can coexist peacefully with other non-aggressive species, such as clownfish, gobies, and damselfish. However, avoid keeping them with aggressive or territorial fish, as they may become stressed or harassed.
- Conspecific Aggression: As mentioned earlier, male Pink Margin Fairy Wrasses can display territorial behavior towards each other. Therefore, it’s best to keep only one male per tank.
FAQs About the Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse
- Q: How big do Pink Margin Fairy Wrasses get?
A: They typically reach a maximum size of around 3 inches (7.6 cm) in length.
- Q: Are Pink Margin Fairy Wrasses easy to care for?
A: Yes, they are generally considered easy to care for, making them suitable for both beginner and experienced aquarists.
- Q: What is the lifespan of a Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse?
A: With proper care and maintenance, Pink Margin Fairy Wrasses can live for up to 5 years in captivity.
The Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse is a captivating and active fish species that adds a touch of color and energy to marine aquariums. With its vibrant appearance, peaceful nature, and relatively easy care requirements, it’s a great choice for both beginner and experienced aquarists. By providing the right tank conditions, diet, and compatible tank mates, you can ensure that your Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse thrives and brings joy to your aquarium for years to come.